Right To Roam
From the Kinder Mass Trespass of 1932 to the great Dartmoor Gathering of 2023, people have claimed the right to walk free across the land.
This documentary, Right to Roam, tells their stories using archive footage and photographs, recordings and interviews with activists, walkers and campers of all ages.
Captured in the beautiful landscapes from Pendle Hill to Dartmoor, Right to Roam tells their stories of protecting, defending and connecting with the land. changing the law, campaigning, occupying, and celebrating.
Directed by Charlotte Bill
Edited by Cliff West, Bridge Williams
Music by Durutti Column, Billy Bragg and Sam Lee.
Thanks to All About Walking, Pendle Radicals, Landscapes of Freedom and Right to Roam
Supported by players of the National Lottery.
- Premiere: 14 April WCML, Salford
- 15 April Depot Cinema, Lewes
- 15 April Walk Lewes Station 11a.m led by Hiking in Skirts as part of the screening
- 22 April Hayfield Village Hall Kinder Trespass celebrations at 5.15
- 11 May Phoenix Cinema, Exeter
- 14 May 4pm Totnes Cinema
- 16 May Herne Hill Film Festival, Prince Regent, Herne Hill, London
- 25 May Pendle Social Cinema, Brierfield, Lancashire. This screening will include the work made by students in response to the project.
- 14 June 2023 - screening at The Ritzy Cinema, Brixton